NCE COVID-19 PROTOCOLS & BEST PRACTICES
We are living in unprecedented times and the rules, regulations and advice over Covid-19 and best practices to adopt, remains fluid.
NCE Soccer will adhere, at all times, to official advice and regulation, to ensure that our players, their families and our stay safe, at all times.
We want to provide a safe training spce but we need your help, and ask that you read, and adhere to, we must all work together to make this possible.
Protocols vary from venue to venue and these were all communicated prior to your first session and will be updated as and when necessary.
But, regardless of venue, NCE Soccer has our own specific protocols and best practices which MUST be adhered too, to enable us to create a safe environment for all.
These protocols have been devised to keep everyone safe – we ask you to take this seriously and help us to provide a safe bubble for training session.
NCE Soccer Covid Protocol: Players
- Players must wear a mask at all times unless told otherwise
- Players will be instructed to remove these before the session begins, but are welcome to keep them on at their family’s request
- A mask must cover a player’s nose and mouth
- Participants should wait in their cars until the start time of their session before entering the field and/or facility
- We ask that once the player does arrive at the field, that they wait on the sideline, away from any group that may be finishing up their session, for the coach’s instructions
- We recommend that participants travel with and use hand sanitizer to sanitize hands upon arrival
- Players are prohibited from spitting on or off the field under any circumstances. (See general health below for other recommendations/best practices on bodily fluids)
Parents / Guardians
- While this is not mandatory at all locations, it is recommended that parents remain in their vehicle when delivering particpants for training.
- Drivers should leave the training facility or, if that is not possible, remain in their vehicle for the duration of the session This is an attempt to limit the number of people in a given space.
- If a parent or guardian does leave their vehicle for any reason, it is recommended that a mask is worn at all times, regardless of whether the facility mandates one.
Travel to Training
- Travel with as few people as possible to training (ex: one parent and one child)
- Carpooling or ride sharing is highly discouraged
For families who must ride together with no other alternatives:
- Only rideshare with a family or individual who has practiced appropriate distancing and sheltering requirements established by their local government or public health officials
- Rideshare with the same individuals each training
- Maintain safe distancing within the vehicle during loading, transport and unloading
- Limit the number of stops between departure site and training destination
- Wear your PPE in the vehicle.
- If your son/daughter is sick or has symptoms of any illness:
- Stay home – Stay home regardless of what is causing their illness
- If it is confirmed or suspected that your son/daughter has COVID-19, practice self-quarantine measures and contact your physician
- To discontinue quarantine and return to sport, obtain appropriate clearance from your medical provider
- If you have been in close contact (within 6 feet) with someone who is suspected or confirmed to have COVID 19:
- Begin self-quarantine for 14 days
- Contact NCE if any of the above applies or if your son/daughter has been exposed to anyone who has tested positive, or is suspected of having, Covid-19
- Players should avoid touching their eyes/mouth/nose as much as possible
- Players should wash or sanitize their hands often
- Use soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds
- When soap and water is not available, use hand sanitizer
- Players should cover their mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze
- If a tissue is used in any circumstance, this should be disposed of in a trash can
NCE Soccer Covid Protocol: Coaches
- Maintain “social distancing” of at least six feet at all times
- Avoid activities involving high levels of group interaction (ex: team huddles)
- Avoid general physical interaction including hugging, “high fives” or passing objects by hand
- Where possible, use individual equipment:
- Do not share personal equipment or gear (e.g. water bottles, towels, flags, bibs etc)
- Soccer balls may be shared provided players only touch the ball with their feet
- Wash all training gear after each training session – especially Bibs
- All Participants should be screened prior to each session
- Please make sure to ask each player if they feel unwell in any way and do a daily temperature check for low grade fever (>100.4.)
- If a player’s temperature is above 100.4, they must be sent home
- Only one participant should check-in at the station at a time
- Should a line form at the check-in station, those waiting should ensure they practice safe social distancing of 6ft
- If you have groups that are back to back, consider finishing the session 5 minutes earlier so that you can then handle the next group appropriately
- One group must leave the field before the next enters.
- Players who arrive late must be screened prior to jumping into the session so please keep hold of your temperature gauge for a period of time at the beginning.
- For contact tracing purposes, attendance must be taken at all locations and an email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org if a player who is not on the roster shows up for a make-up.
- Arrange one cone per participant. When a participant arrives, designate a cone as their “personal prep station” for the duration of the training session. The individual should place their bags, water bottles, towels, etc. at this cone
- If a player becomes ill during the session, halt practice immediately and send all players home
- If a player is sick on the field, the following steps must be taken:
- You must contact someone at the facility to let them know
- The field must be cleaned and disinfected
- If there is a session that follows, clean up and disinfection must take place before you can proceed